Getting to Rennes by train
- Thanks to the LGV network (high-speed rail network for TGVs), trains whisk you to Rennes from Paris in just under 90 minutes, departing from Gare Montparnasse. There are 41 different trains that run between Rennes and Paris each day: that’s one train every half hour or so, with one out of every two being direct, express routes.
- Catching a train to Rennes from Paris is eco-friendly and budget-friendly, too. Once you get here, you won’t need a car to get around Brittany’s capital: you can walk, get the bus or underground or hire a bike.
Travel to Rennes by air
- Rennes is just an hour away from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport.
- Direct flights run to Rennes from France’s major cities every day (Paris, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Nice, Lyon).
- Taking just 90 minutes, you can also enjoy direct flights to Rennes from a number of major European cities (London, Southampton, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester, Dublin, Cork, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Rome, and more).
- The Rennes-Saint-Jacques airport is a mere 20 minutes away from the city centre (take bus C6 or a taxi).
- Please note: you’ll find a Destination Rennes information desk at Arrivals where you can get all the information you need to help get the most out of your stay in the city.
Travel to Rennes by road
- If you’re driving, Rennes is three and a half hours away from Paris via the A11 and A81.
- The capital of Brittany is an hour away from Nantes, four and a half hours away from Bordeaux and five and a half hours away from Lille.
- Once you get to Rennes, you’ll be within easy driving distance of the sea and all the gems Brittany has to offer.
Welcome to Rennes in Brittany. Degemer mat! *
* welcome in Breton