Destination Rennes – a Category I Tourist Information Centre
The Tourist Information Centre classification introduced by the French tourism ministry is a mark of national recognition guaranteeing consistency and uniformity in terms of the services provided.
Formerly star-rated, tourist information centres are now classified by three categories, Category I being the most stringent in terms of the criteria that must be met.
Extensive opening hours, several foreign languages spoken, translation of materials, staff training, design and sale of tourist products are just some of the commitments that have been made to ensure visitors receive the quality of service they expect.
The Tourist Information Centre is a member of the Federation of French Tourist Information Centres..
With its AFNOR NF Service certification, the Rennes Metropolitan District Tourist Information Centre and Conference Bureau is committed to observing and applying the criteria of standard NF X50-730 on hosting/information (2009) and promotion/communication (2011) as well as the rules of certification N-237. The aim of this process is to constantly improve visitor satisfaction. In particular, we undertake to:
- Improve our approach, on-site customer service and remote customer service
- Improve the management and provision of tourist information
- Ensure that premises are comfortable and sustainably managed
- Regularly train our staff to improve their skills
- Measure visitor satisfaction and take account of expectations
You can pick up visitor satisfaction questionnaires and suggestion forms in person or access them online using this form. Please complete these to help us with our process of continual improvement.
The Rennes Metropolitan District Tourist Information Centre has also been awarded the Qualité Tourisme accreditation.
- A mark of quality: Qualité Tourisme™ is a trademark that recognises the rigorous quality procedures implemented by tourism professionals with a view to providing a quality service ensuring customer satisfaction.
- A mark of trust: Qualité Tourisme™ is a trademark registered by the French Ministry of Tourism providing you and your customers with a seal of trust.
The Tourist Information Centre performs the following roles:
- Improving the quality of service and information
- Highlighting and promoting the region’s tourist attractions
- Educating and uniting tourism stakeholders at regional level
- Creating and marketing tourist products and developing business tourism
- Implementing the action plan for the City of Art and History label
- Coordinating networks (National Conference for Urban Tourism, A.V.E.C. network)
Clubs and networks
The Tourist Information Centre is a member of :
- The ‘City Tourism’ cluster
- Du cluster The ‘Heritage and Culture’ cluster
De The Alliance of European Cultural Cities (A.V.E.C.)A.V.E.C which includes 38 cities in 12 countries.
- TheNational Conference for Urban Tourism, a federation that includes around forty French local authorities (cities and community structures) across France. Rennes Tourist Information Centre provides the general and technical secretariat of this national association.
- The Heritage and Urban Quality Urban Tourism Committee
Through Rennes Metropolitan District, it is associated with:
- The national Towns and Regions of Art and History network
- The Towns of Art and History and Historic Towns of Brittany network
It is a member of Upper Brittany Events
The Tourist Information Centre uses the Bretagne brand